Tuesday 27 September 2011

Cheeky Gauls

I've managed to sneak in a few units of Gauls this month. 6 x 22 Gallic war band units and 13 chariots (and a few un-pictured command figures). This almost completes the Gallic contingent. I only have 18 cavalry and 32 skirmishers to do - giving an army of: 396 war band figures, 32 skirmishers, 13 chariots, 80 cavalry and a dozen or so figures on command stands; enough to do Telamon, I think [?].

The latest additions:









Once I get the Gauls out of the way, I'll start on the completion of the Spanish contingent.

8 comments:

Willie Anderson said...

Those look great James the hand painted shields look better than the transfers!

Ps
Big box sent should be with you in a couple of days.
Cheers
Willie

BigRedBat said...

Very impressive production James, and they look good, too!

Mike said...

Wow. Extraordinary. Those shields...

In which game will these appear?

JAMES ROACH said...

Hi Mike,

In many I hope. They were bought with an eye to campaigns, with two competing Gallic chieftains playing the Cisalpine Gauls, two competing Spaniards, a Roman and a Carthaginian.

All I have to do is find the players........[sigh].

James

Minitrol said...

A few gauls he says...

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

A 'few'? Holy crapola Batman - that's a TON of Gauls! And they're amazingly beautiful. Wonderful stuff.

ZeroTwentythree said...

That was my first though too: "a few?"

Very nice job, especially those tartans.

Paul´s Bods said...

A "Few" lovely looking gauls!!!
They look incredible..lovely brushwork!!
Cheers
Paul