Thursday 15 September 2011

Beefing up some diecast Stukas

Earlier this week, I picked up these 1:100 Fabbri / Italeri Stukas for my 15mm Western Desert collection. They cost £3.00 each plus postage.

I think they are very nice little models and they would pass muster as they come........but, I thought a bit more work on the paint job would make them fit with my wargames models better. I used Humbrol enamels over the existing colours. This is how they came out - upgraded model on the right.



 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Rodger said...

The upgrade does look better. They are very nice models and a good price.

Dan said...

the upgrade give real character to the model, well done.

Subedai said...

Although you could use them straight off, I definitely prefer your version.

James said...

Did you have to add the swastika decal on the tail or did they come that way?

JAMES ROACH said...

Hi James,

they came that way.

I'm not a fan of the symbol. I have an Iron Cross medal but always display it with the swastika facing the wall.